Sunday, March 22, 2015

G&R Wrenn - Golden Arrow Coach

Continuing from my previous post, where I take a look at some of the many model railway items that have been in my possession, here is the G&R Wrenn Golden Arrow coach, in blue and grey livery.
These coaches were actually ex-Hornby Dublo models and were based upon vehicles that were built in 1928 for the LNER.
In the 1950s the prototypes were then transferred to steam-hauled services on the Southern Region.
Now, I must be honest here and say that I am not a big fan of Wrenn rolling stock although, I know, they do have a large following and can demand huge prices for rare or highly sought-after models.
That said, I have owned several Wrenn locomotives and quite a few wagons plus one or two of their coaches, including the one featured here. 
All have long since moved on to railways new but I will feature more of my ex-Wrenn items in future posts as I continue to look at vintage items that I own or have owned. 
As far as this Golden Arrow coach is concerned, it's Catalogue Number is W6005, the Running Number is S301S and it was produced between 1979 and 1980 and, again, between 1990 and 1992.
I believe that the coach came with either brown tables or white ones and that, for the collector, it is the white tabled version that tend to attract the higher price. 
Therefore, it is important to make sure that the tables have been painted white at the factory and NOT by someone else subsequently!

No comments:

Post a Comment