Thursday, June 28, 2012

Baby D

As Petersfield was featured in my previous posting, I thought that it was wholly appropriate to include it again, here. 
This time we see it during a busy period with one of the latest locos to join our ever-growing fleet, namely Heljan's Class 23 'Baby Deltic' Nº: D5909, at the head of a rake of vans for the nearby brewery.
This particular loco was acquired a few weeks ago and has, since then, been weathered by Alex at Mikron Models and, also, had sound added, courtesy of Olivia's Trains.
Now, followers of this blog might know that I am not the biggest fan of Olivia's sounds since I believe that what Howes and SWD produce is, on the whole, rather better. 
However, having said that, I must confess that they have done an excellent job with the Baby Deltic and have captured the sound of the prototype very well. 
Not that I ever saw any members of this small fleet of locos but, having seen the videos on YouTube of the T9-29 engine, posted by the Baby Deltic Project, I think our little model sounds very realistic. 
Of course, it was from this sole-surviving engine that Olivias produced their sound files and, so far, they are the only ones to do so. 
It will be interesting to see how it compeares to Howes, if when they get around to doing their own version.

No comments:

Post a Comment